Great Lakes Customs Law is a full service Customs and International Trade law firm centrally located in America’s Midwest near the Ports of Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland and Buffalo, and can represent clients at other ports nationwide before U.S. Customs & Border Protection, the U.S. Court of International Trade and the Federal District Court.
The law firm helps importers, exporters, brokers and entrepreneurs comply with customs and trade laws and regulations in every set of circumstances, regardless of your location or what port is involved. We also assist individuals to get seized currency returned. At Great Lakes Customs Law, we bring exceptional experience in our practice to provide excellent services to our clients, whether faced with severe penalties for supposed import violations or in need of a legal opinion and assistance to find a lower duty rate, proper classification, proper marking, labeling, valuation, or otherwise ensure compliance with the customs laws.
The firm’s experience extends to a variety of fields, including :
- Ruling Requests (classification, marking, valuation, etc)
- Defense against the imposition of penalties (19 USC 1592, 19 USC 1595)
- Protests against Customs decisions, including change in classification
- Seized & detained property (31 USC 5316, 5332, 5324, 19 USC 14974)
- Currency/money seizures
- Petitions for Mitigation/Cancellation of Fines, Penalties, Forfeitures (Seizures, Liquidated Damages, Duty Demands)
- Drawback & NAFTA Drawback
- Prior Disclosures
- Internal Advice Requests
- AD/CV Scope Determinations
- Supplemental protests
- Same Condition/Unused Merchandise Drawback
- Post-Entry NAFTA Refunds
- Country of Origin/Marking
- Trademark Enforcement
- Responses to Requests for Information from Import Specialists
- FOIA Requests
Proceeding with an attorney experienced in customs matters will ensure that you rights are protected and the best strategy is used to obtain the best possible result. We can solve your customs problem! Call us today for a consultation at (734) 855-4999, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.